I attended the Seahawks’ open training camp at Husky Stadium on Sunday. It was a great event, and the fans got to see all the players run through drills and play a quick scrimmage. (More pictures at the bottom)
- Hasselbeck took part in a few drills but didn’t take one snap in the scrimmage. Weak sauce.
- Golden Tate looked pretty good, having one nice grab during the scrimmage and a couple in the drills. He picked up some nice yards after the catch, which is what is expected of him. However, he miffed receiving a kick.
- Housh caught one pass but was otherwise quiet
- JP Losman couldn’t find open receivers.
- Mike Williams (2nd chance WR out of USC) caught a TD passed but dropped an easy pass earlier in the scrimmage
- Anthony McCoy (rookie TE out of USC) dropped an easy touchdown grab
- The RB corps looked great. All of Jones, Forcett, and Washington found nice holes. Didn’t run any plays to the outside though – very conservative play calling.
- Kicking game was horrible. All FGs were missed. Not sure why the punter lined up for a 45-yarder. Seahawks do not play Tressellball.
- Didn’t see much out of first round picks Russell Okung or Earl Thomas. Hope to see more during preseason games
- I’m buying into Pete Carroll’s program. He’s going to need at least 2 years though – just doesn’t have the personnel yet.