I was leafing through the coupons section of the newspaper this weekend and came across this gem:
This is perhaps the greatest piece of marketing I’ve ever seen – selling a $2 bill for $4. It’s like selling ice to an Eskimo.
Any American can walk/drive/run to their nearest bank and exchange 2 $1 bills for 1 $2 bill. Now, not every bank carries them, but many/most do.
I love the selling points & features this ad highlights:
- Make up less than 1% of all U.S notes printed
- SAVE 58%
- Collector-preferred Crisp Uncirculated condition
- Based on an 1818 painting featuring John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and Ben Franklin
- Seldom-seen and historic note
- Rarely found in circulation
Save $2 and don’t bother responding to this ad.